To achieve our mission, the goals of the cooperative are to:
- Provide safe, quality, affordable, energy-efficient housing;
- Maintain clean buildings and common spaces;
- Provide a variety of housing options;
- Foster stewardship of the land, building, and Cooperative’s assets.
- Train Members in cooperation, meeting participation, budgeting, and property stewardship;
- Create an inclusive environment for new and current Members;
- Maintain a proportion of qualifying Low-Income Households that complies with the IRS Safe Harbor Rules for Low-Income Housing Rev. Proc. 96-32;
- Reflect the diversity of the surrounding community;
- Leverage collective social and material resources of Members to improve the Cooperative for the benefit of all;
- Preserve the value of Membership Shares for outgoing Members in good standing;
- Encourage a sense of community among Members and the neighborhood.
- Create opportunities for Members to organize and self-advocate;
- Educate the public about cooperatives;
- Save, invest, and seek additional resources to grow the Cooperative and develop more units;
- Support other affordable housing efforts at a regional, national, and global level.